What are the benefits of a VI Peel?
- Improve the tone, texture and clarity of the skin.
- Reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles and hyperpigmentation, including melasma.
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce acne and scarring from acne.
- Stimulate the production of collagen, for firmer, more youthful skin.
What ingredients are in a VI Peel?
VI Peel is a blend of TCA or trichloroacetic acid, Tretinoic acid, salicylic acid, phenol, and vitamin C which work together to safely remove the damaged layers of the skin. Depending on which Vi Peel is used other ingredients may include hydroquinone, kojic acid, benzoyl peroxide and hydrocortisone. VI Peel promotes cellular turnover and refines the surface layer of the skin for a smoother, firmer, clearer and more youthful appearance
What are the benefits of each of the components of a VI Peel?
Retinoic Acid – inhibits melanin (pigment) production and increases cell turnover and exfoliation.
Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) – acts by boosting collagen and exfoliates the skin.
Salicylic Acid – acts to reduce the bacteria that cause acne by cleansing the pores, reducing inflammation.
Phenol – numbs the skin to allow for a pain free chemical peel application.
Ascorbic Acid – a powerful antioxidant that reverses free radicals, evens skin tone and helps prevent future damage.